Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Landscaping Saga Continues...

When the landscaper worker dug the holes to plant the trees along the fence, he planted the two trees in the middle a couple of feet away from the fence.  I asked why, and he told me there was some kind of drain pipe in the way.

Well guess what?  He'd planted the trees directly infront of the pipe which turns out to be the runoff for the sump pump and downspouts!  The sump pump filled, but couldn't pump out.

I called and told them to get somebody out here IMMEDIATELY to dig up the trees.  Nobody showed up and nobody showed up and nobody showed up.  I went out and dug up the damn trees myself.  As soon as I started scraping mud out of the way, water just started shooting out!  First I was pissed because I got my new garden shoes MUDDY, but then I hurt my back trying to drag water-laden 6-foot tall trees out of the ground so I was even MORE PISSED.

AND THEN...  When I stomped back inside the Nursery had called to find out if it was a "one-man or two-man job."  I called back and asked them what kind of JOKE that was.  When somebody calls and says "I have water in my basement because the trees you planted have blocked the sump pump run-off drains, you're not supposed to call back an hour later and ask home many people to send out!"  I was assured someone would be coming out immediately to finish digging the trees out and to take them away.

They laid on their sides in the mud for three days until I stopped by the nursery and told the guy to COME GET THE FRIGGING TREES.  My buddy the Landscaper Dude told me he didn't know anything about it.  What an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment