Friday, June 17, 2011

Bats! I have bats!!!!!

Oh, my goodness!  I’m thrilled!  I have bats!!!!  I don’t think they're living in the bat house (I’ll have to go check today), but they’re in my backyard, and that’s just about as good.

Mosquitos love me.

I hate mosquitos.

Bats eat mosquitos.

Therefore, I love bats.

Also, a million years ago, I got to batsit an injured bat for an hour while his human taught a chemistry lab.  The little guy clung upside down to the inside of the collar on my tee-shirt.  All you could see of him was a funny little lump on my chest with a tiny row of toes clipped to my collar.  I’ve loved bats since then.

Anyway, batimageI called my parents to let them know I had bats flying and diving and twirling and darting all over the back yard.  They didn’t answer the phone.  Turns out they were watching their own bat show in their backyard!  Last night was the first time they’ve spotted bats this year, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment